36 – National and international communication
Objective of the program
To build a website in at least three languages in order to promote the actions and programs developed as a result of the Transaction and Conduct Adjustment Term (TTAC).
• Updating monthly deliveries and relevant facts reported by programs in the monthly CIF (Interfederative Committee) report and on pages of programs hosted on the website - in the Portuguese and English versions.
Update of the monthly deliveries and relevant facts reported by the programs in the monthly CIF report and on the pages of the programs on the website - in Portuguese and English versions.
• Update of the monthly deliveries and relevant facts reported by the programs in the monthly Interfederative Committee (CIF) report and on the pages of the programs on the website - in Portuguese and English versions.
• Update of the monthly deliveries and relevant facts reported by the programs in the monthly CIF report and on the pages of the programs on the website - in Portuguese and English versions.
• Workshop to review the program definition.
• Updated the website calendar with events for affected population. The schedule in question is managed by the Renova Foundation's Dialogue team.
• Update of the monthly deliveries and relevant facts reported by the programs in the monthly CIF report and on the pages of the programs on the website, in Portuguese and English versions.
There were no relevant deliveries this month.
• Broadcast of the 43rd Interfederative Committee meeting on the website and YouTube channel.
• Publication of the event agenda for affected people on the Calendar page of the website.
• Broadcast of the 42nd Interfederative Committee meeting on the website and YouTube channel.
• Publication of the agenda of events for affected people on the Calendar page of the website.
• Broadcast of the 41st Interfederative Committee meeting on the website and YouTube channel.
• Publication on the website of calendar of events with affected population.
• Creation of the Archives and Reports page on the website for the Renova Foundation’s Advisory Board, Supervisory Board and Board of Governors.
• Creation of the page to announce the Doce MG RFP.
• Broadcast of the 40th Interfederative Committee meeting on the website and YouTube channel.
• Broadcast of the 38th Technical Board of Social Organization (CT-OS) meeting on the YouTube channel.
• Publication of August and September agenda on the calendar page of the website.
• Creation of the Archives and Reports page on the website for the Renova Foundation’s Advisory Board, Supervisory Board and Board of Governors.
• Broadcast of the 39th Interfederative Committee meeting on the website and YouTube channel.
• Posted the July and August agenda on the Website’s Calendar page.
• Adjustments and publication of the ATER RFP page - New Phase and content production for social media.
• Creation of page and form for the RFP for Adhesion to the Forest Restoration Program.
• Live coverage of the official start of construction of the houses in Bento Rodrigues and infrastructure in Paracatu de Baixo.
• Live online talk about the implementation of sustainable production Demonstration Units (DUs) on affected properties.
• Approval of Program Definition by CIF.
• Streaming of the 38th Interfederative Committee meeting on the website and YouTube channel.
• Publication of the Agenda for June and July in the Calendar section of the website.
• Update of the ATER RFP page on the website.
• Inclusion of search field on the Archives and Reports page of the website.
• Update of the Repair Data page on the website.
• Dissemination of Video on the progress of Bento Rodrigues' resettlement works on the website, YouTube channel and social media.
• Dissemination of new recommendations of the Doce River Panel, led by IUCN, on the website, YouTube channel and social media.
• Dissemination of 12 videos on the Renova Foundation Facebook page and its YouTube channel.
• Streaming of the 37th Interfederative Committee meeting on the website and YouTube channel.
• Maintenance of website adjustments: added search filters on the files and reports pages; content and comments moderation.
• Distribution of institutional video on social media.
• Added events of the months of May and June to the Calendar section of the website.
• Page creation on the website and content production for social media to disseminate the RFP Young Leadership for Revitalization of the Doce River Basin and the Public Call for accreditation of professionals for the composition of the evaluation committee of the technical proposals of the RFP.
• Dissemination of the second stage of the ATER RFP on the website and social media.
• Updating the Repair Data page on the website.
• 12 videos were posted on the Renova Foundation website, on Facebook and on the YouTube channel.
• Broadcast of the 36th Interfederative Committee meeting on the YouTube channel and website.
• Continuous feed of PMQQS data on the Rainy Season page of the website.
• Dissemination of booklet to guide those receiving indemnities and/or Financial Aid in the filing of their Tax Return 2018.
• Distribution of institutional video on social networks.
• Addition of April and May events to the calendar on the website.
• Publication of the Reparation Data page on the website.
• Dissemination of institutional video in English.
• Dissemination of “The Future of the Doce River That’s Us", in partnership with Instituto Elos.
• Dissemination of the video “Stories on the The Repair Path: Keila dos Santos” on the platform and social media.
• Dissemination of the video "Dialogues on The Repair Path: Christiana Galvao” on the platform and on social media.
• Updates of the minidocs available on the The Repair Path platform.
Dissemination of the institutional video and a video on meliponiculture in the river mouth region of the Doce.
Transmission of the 35th Interfederative Committee Meeting on the website and on YouTube.
PMQQS data was updated on the Rainy Season page.
Dissemination of the entrepreneurship project, result of the partnership with BrazilFoundation.
Dissemination of Water Management actions.
The ATER RFP page was updated with the list of organizations classified in the RFP.
Addresses and ISC opening hours were updated on the Contact Us page.
Dissemination of the product catalogs of the Meninas da Barra (Embroidery Girls of Barra Longa) and the Cooperative Rural Mista de Gesteira.
Dissemination of informative booklet to help with the 2018 Income Tax Return for those who receive indemnities and/or financial aid.
Update of the entry in Wikipedia.
Completion of adjustments to the website.
Creation of the Calendar page (fundacaorenova.org/calendário), which should feature the main events, gatherings and meetings related to those affected along the territory.
Executive Report on publications related to the Resettlement;
Executive Report on publications related to Indemnification;
Dissemination of the videos (Design of the houses of Bento Rodrigues, A message from Roberto Waack and Compensation and repair actions in the Doce River Mouth Region);
Continuous feed of PMQQS data to the Rainy Season page;
Increased frequency in the monitoring of interactions related to the scope of the Fundao dam collapse;
Increased frequency in the responses to interactions on social media networks with property owners;
Media analysis and repercussion on public social media network and on the official social media profiles of the Renova Foundation;
Updated FAQ page on the Renova Foundation website;
Dissemination of the projects of youngsters who received the seed fund at the Instituto Elos course completion, "The future of the Doce River that’s us";
Insertion of the comment field in the news section of the website;
Insertion of “news anchor”, related to news on the website;
Review of internal links of news on the website;
Insertion of the field/function “Was this content useful for you?" in the news section of the website;
Creation of the Calendar page (fundacaorenova.org/calendário), which should feature the main events related to those affected in the territory.
• Maintenance of the dissemination of contents of the Road to Recovery
• Dissemination of campaign for “Series of Talks”
• Recording of another episode of Dialogues for the Road to Recovery
• Editing another episode of Stories for the Road to Recovery
• Email marketing campaign three-years mark
• Email marketing campaign for suppliers
• Dissemination of Mini-docs
• Clarifications on Renova Foundation's Indemnity Program
• Planning for updating the Renova Foundation website
• Finalization of the dissemination of the first wave of content produced for
the Road to Recovery platform and analysis of campaign continuity
• Application of first adjustments to the site, requested by the Technical Board of
• Provided support in the dissemination of the event for closing the 2018 cycle of the
Supplier Development Program
• Reinforcement in the dissemination of the Public Call Fapemig 09/2018
• Dissemination of the beginning of year 3 of the Spring Recovery Program
• Publication of the press kit that takes stock of the actions in Mariana
• Updates on page / the-foundation
• Updates on page / about-the-term
• Updates on page / important-themes / water
• Updates on the page / important-themes / tailings-management
• Update of page / Indemnities
• Continuous addition of PMQQS data on the Rainy Season page
and updates to the weekly water quality bulletins
• Enhanced monitoring, sample collection and interactions on proprietary networks
• Monitoring and manual collection of comments on the Renova Foundation and
the production of reports
• Analysis of media and repercussion of publications on the public network and on official profiles
of the Renova Foundation on social networks.
Dissemination of the campaign for Series of Talks and Suppliers Development
Dissemination of the ATER Tender campaign
Dissemination of the Ombudsman's campaign
Maintenance of the contents of the Road to Recovery.
Reporting and dissemination of new contents for the Road to Recovery (Dialogues, Stories and Minidocs)
Dissemination of series of video reports on the partnership with Instituto Elos
Dissemination of video report on actions in Mariana
Dissemination of the public call in partnership with FAPEMIG
Emails Marketing campaign: Fapemig Tender and Notice on anti-bribery and anti-corruption policies
Analysis and recommendation of KPIs for the Technical Board
Planning the scope of the new 2019 Renova Foundation portal
Publication of infographics on Water Quality
Publication page Rainy Season
Maintenance of the contents of Road to Recovery.
Dissemination of the campaigns “Series of Talks”, “Ater Tender” and the “Two Points Magazine”.
Reinforcement of the social network interaction team and the monitoring team for reparation-related topics.
Production of another Dialogues episode for “Road to Recovery”.
Pre-production of another Stories episode for “Road to Recovery”.
Three-years mark communication distributed through email marketing and email marketing for suppliers.
Production of institutional video.
Process of updating images of the repair work along the Doce river has been concluded.
Dissemination of the project "The Future of the Doce River is you".
Dissemination of Mini-docs.
Clarifications on Renova Foundation's Indemnity Program.
Maintenance of the contents of Road to Recovery.
Dissemination of the Training Circle campaign.
Dissemination of the Business Round campaign.
Dissemination of content on the water quality report.
Opening of the Tender ATER Sustainability.
Updates on the works and results at the Juparana lagoon.
Coverage of the Forum on Education for the Revitalization of the Doce River Basin.
Reinforcement social networks interaction team.
Addition of team members who monitor repair-related references.
Insertion of documentation field on the vendor page.
Updated images of the urban projects of Bento Rodrigues and Paracatu de Baixo.
End of expedition to update images of the repair along the Doce river.
Launch of Road to Recovery Platform/Campaign
Launch of the "Stories" project for the Road to Recovery campaign
Launch of the "Dialogues" project for the Road to Recovery campaign
Launch of the Renova Foundation profile on Twitter
Publication of the Magazine “2 Points” on the website
Launch of the new digital look of the Renova Foundation on social networks
Publication of the new organizational chart on the page "Who is who"
Publishing the page Jornada Newsletter
Application of the new visual identity in the Renova Foundation channels
Dissemination campaign to approve the Paracatu de Baixo urban development project
Information campaign on the actions at the Juparana Lagoon
• The magazine “Dois Pontos” was added to the menu on the Renova Foundation website
• Creation of informative infographic on the works at the Juparana Lagoon
• Creation of informative infographic on the Tailings Management in the Candonga Plant
• Dissemination of initiated construction works for the new Bento Rodrigues district
• Dissemination of the fair for adoption of rescued animals in Patio Savassi
• Sharing of posts about the partnership with Instituto Elos.
The announcements of the Technical Assistance and Rural Extension Notice (ATER), the Environmental Services Payments tender (PSA) and the ombudsman channels were reinforced. The contents of the resettlement pages have also been updated.
Information was disclosed on the changes made to the financial aid payment method, the payment schedule of the indemnities and the participation of those affected in the Governance of the Renova Foundation.
Furthermore, a video was published about the projects that involve the planting of seedlings on top of the tailings (section 8).
The following activities were carried out this month:
● Updating the content of the resettlement pages;
● Reinforcement in the dissemination of the Technical Assistance and Rural Extension notices (Ater) and Environmental Services Payments (PSA);
● Reinforcement in the dissemination of ombudsman reporting channels;
● Initiation of dissemination on the website and online about the changes made regarding the type of payment for financial aid;
● Dissemination of the participation of affected parties in the Governance of the Renova Foundation;
● Dissemination of information on the adjustments to the indemnity payments time frames;
● Publication of video about the projects for planting seedlings on top of the tailings.
The following forms were officially published: application for the PSA Tender and pre-application for the ATER Sustainability Tender. The meeting calendar was also posted to the Transparency page.
The following actions were carried out during this period:
• Development and publication of the new home page;
• Publication of the new Suppliers page;
• Creation of the "Contact” menu, with the new "Contact Us" and "Ombudsman” sections;
• Adjustments and improvements to the “WhatsApp Contents" page;
• Dissemination of the actions related to the embroiderers of Barra Longa present at the Sao Paulo Fashion Week;
• Actions to provide information and service to the population of Linhares about the works in Rio Pequeno: notes on the website, posts on social networks and WhatsApp messages;
• Implementation of strategy sending targeted alerts and content through WhatsApp.
The Rainy Season pages, "Water", were posted in the Important Themes section.
A new form for resumes registration on the "Work with Us" page (integrated with Vagas.com).
Publication of the page, and coverage of, the "8th World Water Forum", which took place in Brasilia.
Coverage of "Plant Ahead" in Monaco.
Extra dissemination of the Doce River Development Fund.
Dissemination of the opening of qualification courses in Mariana and the visit of UN Environment to Mariana and Barra Longa (MG).
The Rainy Season pages and PSA Announcement were published and the Press Room was reformulated. In addition, the Vagas.com website was published and integrated with the Work with Us section.
Through campaigns, the Renova Foundation disseminated the Sanitation Call and Supplier Day.
The Job opportunities page of the Renova Foundation website has been integrated with the site Vagas.com, expanding the scope of the institution's selection processes.
Also posted on the website was the platform developed for virtual consultations of the Environmental Education Program (PEA) and a special content on the actions regarding Animal Assistance, conducted by the Renova Foundation.
Through campaigns, the Renova Foundation promoted the User Portal, the Call for Innovation, the partnership signed with UFV and Summer Connection 2018 on the website and social networks.
The program was engaged in the strategic planning of the Renova Foundation communication for the year 2018. A calendar was set up with the planning of the main campaigns and events, a fundamental action to guarantee efficient disclosures. In addition, the team engaged in benchmarking activities to identify good practices present in the market and held brainstorming meetings to outline new products for communication.
As part of the continuous improvements being made to the website, the pages that give access to the Community Newspapers and to Renova Radio were published.
Among the important news stories in this period, we highlight the visit of Felix Finkbeiner, founder of Plant-for-the-Planet, and the Multisector Fair of Mariana (MG), held between November 30 and December 2.
Among the disclosures, the Water Quality Newsletters, the User Portal, the partnership with the International Union for Conservation of Nature (IUCN) and 9 new vacancies on the Work with Us page, are the highlights of the month.
In November, the User Portal was published on the Renova Foundation website. A virtual space that houses the users' contact history with Renova, the page was created with the objective of ensuring that those affected have quick and up-to-date access to the actions of their interest, with total transparency.
The indemnity page has been updated and posted on the site. Another novelty was the photo gallery in the news area, first used in the article about the visit of the founder of Plant-for-the-Planet in Mariana.
In a partnership with the same program, a video was edited and released on Renova's YouTube channel. The Minidocs have also been published, now in the English version.
On the Work with Us page, 6 new job positions were posted in November.
The "Contact Us" page has been redesigned and republished with a new layout. Also added to the site was the subsection “Great Themes", in the menu "Our Programs", inaugurated with the publication of the page “Tailings Management".
To increase the dissemination of the videos of the actions on the Remediation Map, the Minidocs page was created. The release of the special video series "What moves us?" was also launched on social networks and on the videos page of the Foundation's website.
Ten job opportunities were posted on the page "Work with Us"; 17 news articles and 19 videos on the video page. In addition, 3 new documents were added to the Archives and Reports page.
Kickoff of the impact vs. repair campaign with the publication of the Remediation Map on the homepage of the site.
Publication of the suppliers' pages and the Integrated Registration Program, and monthly updating of socio-environmental and socio-economic programs. In the job opportunities section: 15 job openings were announced (http://www.fundacaorenova.org/trabalhe-conosco/). In addition, the coverage of “The First Planting of Native Seedlings - Plant-for-the-Planet" and the 6th live talk with the topic Water Management, were posted on the site.
A Google ad (search results) was placed by related terms, with features provided by the program for nonprofits (Google Grants).
The finalization of the Institutional Narratives required an adjustment in the alignment of the website’s content. They aim to "translate" technical actions into a simpler language, through more pedagogical texts.
The communication team supported the dissemination of the applications for the Call for Education for the Revitalization of the Doce River Basin, the construction of a single image bank and the refinement of the FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions). This has resulted in more promptness in answering received queries.
Start of changes and adjustments to the pages and structure of the Renova Foundation website. Some highlights are:
● pages of the Call on Education and Revitalization of the Doce River Basin;
● the organization of the Transparency page;
● page on the Resettlement of Paracatu de Baixo (MG);
● updates on the Bento Rodrigues Resettlement (MG) page.
On social networks, in addition to the dissemination of content about the Call on Education, the verification process received reinforcement and the frequency of posts was reduced so that each theme can be worked out with more quality.
More than 280 thousand accesses have been counted since the launch of the website up to the end of July, of which 51,288 this month alone.
The month of June was marked by the launch of the Foundation's first Activity Report (http://www.fundacaorenova.org/related-of-activities/sobre-related/). In addition to the printed version, the Report is also available on the Renova Foundation website in an area for collective construction and with multimedia information of the actions taken in 2016. The launch involved the start of a social media dissemination strategy and the launch of the fourth edition of the live chat session led by the Foundation's CEO, Roberto S. Waack.
Also intensified was the release of new job positions at the Foundation. The Series of Talks on the Stimulation of Local Contracting were also released. And finally, a page was posted with a map showing the actions the Foundation is undertaking along the Doce River and which is accessible by the public. This map is interactive and constantly updated, with important information about the evolution of repair actions conducted by the Renova Foundation.
The Foundation's website was accessed almost 230 thousand times until the end of June, of which 59,704 in June alone, another consecutive month of a record number of accesses. Some pages have been inserted and others have been updated, such as “Work with Us”.
Also in the same month, five editions of Conecta were produced and published, a newsletter sent to Renova's employees, the Board of Governors, the Advisory Board and the communication team of the maintainers. It is the institution's first internal instrument for disseminating externally developed actions and matters of interest to employees, such as processes, policies, culture and identity.
In May, the third edition of the online chat session took place, consolidating the channels of dialogue with society. The theme, this time, was the Stimulation of Local Contracting, which also included the promotion of a Series of Talks to current and potential suppliers of Renova.
On social networks, news items were posted on Facebook, with a strategy based on two pillars of content: the progress of the reparation actions and the release of news by region. Public engagement has shown that the channel can help address questions of society and even capture potential partners and stakeholders in the cause of the Foundation.
The Foundation's website almost registered 170 thousand visits, of which 41,911 in May alone, a record so far. Some pages have been inserted and others have been updated, such as Work with Us.
In April, some actions started in March were maintained, and the second edition of the chat session, live and online, was held, on the topic Recovery of Villages. As a highlight, there was a record of web traffic, with 28,725 visits. Important pages have also been added to the site, such as the Foundation's Timeline and the restructured page on the rainy season.
The first live chat of the Renova Foundation via YouTube Live and creation of the event page on the website. The third Tailings Management Workshop was also broadcasted and attended in real time. In addition, profiles of the entity were created on LinkedIn and Instagram and a page about the Renova Foundation on Wikipedia. Regarding the website, the pages “Discover the programs" and "Timeline" were published and the "Rainy Season" page was restructured.
: In February 2017, the second Tailings Management Workshop was broadcasted live on the Renova Foundation website. Regarding the website, 19 news articles were posted, four technical documents, four picture galleries, and there is a new layout of the indemnities page, the “Participating Parties” page and the search system. Nine videos were posted on the Renova Foundation YouTube channel. In total, 283 emails were received via the Contact Us form.
During the month of January, a "Panel" section was created on the Renova Foundation website for the publication of information on the events organized to date by the entity:" The Doce River and Yellow Fever" and “Tailings Management Workshop". Also published was a page in the "Our Programs" section on the resettlement of Bento Rodrigues (MG). In total, 20 news items were published, not only in Portuguese but also in English and Spanish, besides 6 photo galleries. On YouTube, to date, the institution has published 14 videos.
During the month of December the following pages were made available on the Renova Foundation website: "Documents and Reports", "Video Gallery" and “Photo Gallery", in the institutional area, and "Press Releases", "Video Gallery" and "Photo Gallery” in the press area, and "Work with us". In total, 16 news items were published, not only in Portuguese but also in English and Spanish. Broadcasting on YouTube was started.
During the month of November a landing page was made available on the Renova Foundation website for the live broadcast of the lecture by the green economy specialist Pavan Sukhdev, promoted in partnership with the Dom Cabral Foundation (FDC). In total, 122 people attended the event of which 78 attended until the end. Moreover, 12 news articles and 40 technical documents were published.
The Renova Foundation website now includes information on the 41 repair, restoration and reconstruction programs in the areas impacted by the Fundão dam collapse. In October, a specific area was created on the site for the publication of archives and reports, as well as the pages on the Mediated Indemnity Program (PIM) and Frequently Asked Questions.
The Renova Foundation website also counts with English and Spanish versions of every published content. As a result of a website performance analysis, some improvements have been made in order to make it more relevant to the digital environment and actions were planned for the digital communication during the rainy season.