From now on, it will be possible to reach an agreement and receive a payment card in just one meeting
The Mediated Indemnity Program (PIM) of the Renova Foundation has become more agile and has doubled its service capacity for the residents of Governador Valadares (MG) and Colatina (ES), starting next Monday, April 10.
The procedure to compensate the people affected by the lack of water after the dam collapse has been simplified and, with only one meeting, the resident can reach an agreement and leave with the payment card on which the indemnity amount will be credited.
Before, the process was conducted in two stages. For the procedure to be completed in one single meeting, the resident must bring the complete and original documentation. The appointments are still scheduled through the Renova Foundation Information Center. – 0800 031 2303. The idea of the program is to compensate those affected in a timely manner and without the procedures and costs of a lawsuit. Participating is always voluntary and free of charge.
Altogether, PIM has served approximately 36,000 people in Colatina (ES). Considering the period of days that the town was left without water supply and distribution in November 2015, the average amount of the population’s water bills was assessed. Based on this assessment the defined indemnity amount was set to R$ 880.00 per person.
Whereas in Governador Valadares, where over 60,000 people have been assisted, the defined indemnity amount was R$ 1,000.00 per person – also based on the period that the town was left without water and the water bills of the residents.
In both towns, there is a 10% increase in the indemnity for children under 12, seniors over 60 years, and women who were pregnant or breast-feeding in November 2015. The value is received in full by the impacted resident who joins PIM, without any discount, honorary costs or court costs. The impacted parties can join the program on their own or, if they prefer, they can be accompanied by a lawyer or assisted by a public defender.
The moment the impacted party signs the Conciliation Agreement, he/she receives a payment card on which the indemnity payment will be received within de next 90 days. Although, the Renova Foundation has been striving and adopting as a practice to make the payment, on average, within 30 days. The meetings in Colatina and Valadares started in November 2016 and should be completed by July this year, covering all those affected by the interruption to the water supply and distribution in the municipalities.
Appointments should be made through the 0800 031 2303 Call Center. Once the appointment has been made, the person must attend a Mediated Indemnity Center (known as the PIM office), according to the date and time set.
One must bring the complete and original documentation to the Mediated Indemnity Center. See below checklist:
• ID: all the impacted parties that are part of the process (age of legal majority). Examples: Work permit (employment records), Professional License, National Driver’s License (CNH), Military and Discharge Certificate
• Birth Certificate: all dependent minors
• Marriage Certificate or Civic Union Certificate: all spouses (if they are part of the same process)
• CPF: all applicants with age of legal majority
• Proof of Residence of the address that was impacted between October and November 2015: all applicants, households and/or non-minor dependents sharing the impacted address with the applicant, in one single process (except minor dependents and spouses). Examples: Bills (water, electricity, land-line, mobile or prepaid phone, pay TV, internet), INSS statement, employment termination contract, employment/internship contract, receipt of school fee payment, credit card bill, FGTS extract, traffic violation notification
• Property rental agreement of the impacted address in name of the applicant or parent/legal guardian: for cases where the proof of residence is not in name of the applicant or parent/legal guardian
• Medical record: for cases where the applicant is a disabled person
• Proof of pregnancy: women who were pregnant in November 2015
• Document parent/legal guardian: minors unaccompanied by their mother
• Document legal representative: all applicants who choose to be represented by a lawyer